The #1 NYC Mold Removal Company
The look for mold companies near you is over. Emergency Restoration Group offers mold remediation services to residential and commercial properties alike. Whether you have a small area in need of mold clean-up or total black mold remediation, we have the tools and experience required to handle all mold remediation jobs in NYC and surrounded areas.
• Mold professionals seal off the work area, often using plastic sheeting, so that mold spores do not become dispersed throughout the home.
• Mold professionals use expensive, professional equipment such as HEPA air scrubbers, HEPA vacuums, commercial-strength dehumidifiers, etc. Regular handymen won’t have that stuff.
• After mold is physically removed from its source, the air should be cleaned of airborne mold spores using HEPA (High Efficiency Particulate Air) air scrubbers and air exchange (i.e. replacing dirty moldy air with clean fresh air through simple ventilation or more sophisticated negative air controls for bigger jobs)
• When vacuuming and using air scrubbers for mold remediation, the filters used should be HEPA (High Efficiency Particulate Air). Only HEPA filters are designed to capture particles as small as mold spores. Regular filters will not work, and could make the problem worse.
• Mold professionals usually discard moldy porous building materials such as drywall, insulation and baseboards. These materials are relatively inexpensive to replace and difficult to impossible to restore to their previous uncontaminated condition.
• Mold professionals will use an antimicrobial chemical to clean any remaining mold and mold stains after demo.
• Mold professionals often use a sealer or encapsulant to make the treated areas more resistant to water damage and mold, and also to help with odor control.
Thank you for your interest in EMERGENCY RESTORATION GROUP Services. We are eager to do business with you. Please call us or fill form below for a FREE ESTIMATE.